Out of Touch

Monday, June 09, 2008

A Poem

Because I am jealous of your success
I am placing a wicked, ugly hex
on the birthday gifts I stole from my work 
I'm a humble (yet talented) beauty supply store clerk

Smooth and silky,
a glistening pink
May this lotion give off
an unwashable stink

Let this pricey shampoo 
make your hair greasy
and the scent of this soap 
make your stomach queasy

Here's bottle of bath beads
I'm adding to the box
That flushes the skin scarlet
with a chickeny pox

This gardenia perfume 
will make thee dizzy
This apple conditioner 
shall make thy hairdo frizzy

I'm afraid this eye cream 
promotes crow's feet
and this cellulite oil 
insures a puckered seat

This bleach will make 
that mustache of yours dark
As you - not I - 
perform Shakespeare in the park

With these potions I promise
To tame you, shrew
Then the world will know
My Juliet acts circles around you!

May you look like a raccoon
in this smudgy eyeliner
May this lip gloss give you hair
like lips of your vagina

A war cry to Athena!
Alert all nine muses! 
The gods have bestowed really good parts
to a strumpet who seduces

Producers, directors, agents,
keepers of the gate
you throw yourself at any man in the theater 
who seems straight.

My craft is solid
I can play princess, nymph, or witch
Your movements are wooden
So good luck with that itch

You do not deserve your success
So I must cast this everlasting hex
On the birthday presents I pocketed from my work 
I'm a humble - but soon to be revered -
beauty supply store clerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home