Out of Touch

Sunday, December 14, 2008

1980

On Monday we had steamed zucchini, filet of sole, and brown rice.
On Tuesday we had steamed zucchini, filet of sole, and brown rice.
On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday it was the same.
On Saturday and Sunday, nothing had changed.
For a year, my dinner was 
Steamed zucchini, filet of sole, and brown rice.

The only juice in the fridge was grape.
It wasn't white, it was always purple grape.
Every night beside the same meal on my plate.
Now, that beverage is a beverage that I hate 
Because for all of calendar year 1980
The only juice in the fridge was purple grape.

The zucchini was always overcooked
But my childhood was not overlooked
I had clothes and lots of books
It's just that my mom was an awful cook
I'm glad she loved me
More than that zucchini that she overcooked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home