Out of Touch

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Office Life

INT. DAY OFFICE BUILDING
MAGGIE, early 40's, tanned and toned, in a crisp designer suit, turns down the hall with a confident gait.  She bumps into DEENA, late twenties, rumpled, a little too arty for this corporate environment.
Maggie - Hey, Deena.  You look great.  Did you loose weight?
Deena - I don't think so.
Maggie - Oh.  I did. 
Deena - That's amazing, Maggie.
Maggie - Yeah.  Anyway, come into my office, I want to discuss this Tracey Hinkler super duper rising star!

INT. DAY MAGGIE'S OFFICE
Maggie clicks the mouse, smiles at her computer screen.
Maggie - This was in Kuala Lumpor...(clicks the screen) Have you been to Thailand.
Deena - Isn't Kuala Lumpor in Malaysia?
Maggie - Beautiful people.  Food.  Culture.  People there thought I was like, I don't know, ten years younger than I am.  
Deena - Wow.
Maggie - I don't know how old you think I am, but I bet it's ten years younger than what I really am.  I won't say the number.  I'm not old.  (PAUSE) Okay, well, I'm sure you have something to do.  
Deena - Hinkler.
Maggie - Voice like an angel.  Body.  Face.  Wow!  I'm not that much older than her.
Deena - We were going to discuss Tracey Hinkler.
Maggie - She's going to have a big career.  She's doing Conan, you know.  Whoever works with her is got to be on it.  A big, bright STAR goddamn I can feel it - burn me! (PAUSE) Send Amy in.  She can handle Hinkler.

Deena exits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home