Out of Touch

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No Pants


In the 1970's, you had to remind people all the time to put their clothes on which is pretty horrifying and/or amazing, if you think about it. When I was but a wee lass in Venice, CA, some folks on the beach tried to go all nekkid. It only lasted a summer. But I do have a distinct memory of a lithe, tan, hairy nudist trying to chat up my mom. I was au natural as well. The main difference is I was maybe five and he was maybe 25. Many years later, my mom said all she was thinking was, "Oh, god. Please don't let Raina say anything." I didn't say anything. I was confused but not enough to care. My mom didn't go out with him. She had her own sign: no pants, no chance of romance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home